
I welcome you my friend. It has been a long time has it not been indeed? Oh, your look of confusion is understandable. You wonder what is true and what is not.
Look! Do you see there, on the horizon, the sun as it is setting? Look overhead, do you not see the twilight stars approaching?
You have questions. I understand. First let me tell you my friend, I have been around for quite some time. I was there when your Christ was slain. I am not one of your Gods. I am not one of the immortals. I too, one day will reach the setting sun. I too have seen the twilight stars gleaming through the clouds. But, for my purpose at this time, I have been sent to relay a message to you.
I once stood on the street as your country, became leaderless with the pull of a trigger.
I was there in the school when they came and killed and they hurt and they maimed.
I held the hands of many a soldier, who died in vain, in the mud, in the rain.
I watched the fires rage and the fury flourish with lust of hate reign upon the land.
The oceans and the seas have been crossed and the lands have been broken, and yet you have learned nothing.
The angels are weeping, and you mock them with your laughter and ridicule. The angels are weeping, and you deny and lie at every moment. The angels are weeping, and you celebrate in a carnival of your pride and glory.
What hope have you left? What love have you? You love yourself but only in your vanity, you destroy all that is beautiful. You hate the weak. You scourge the righteous. You condemn the innocent. What love have you but for yourself?
Does a child’s cry go unanswered in the night? Does your patriotism and democracy birth bigotry and slavery? Why, now my friend, in the setting sun and the twilight stars, have you not spoken? Why, now my friend do you offer up no defense?
Prepare yourself my friend. The angels are weeping, and they are waiting. The righteous that have fallen even before your savior, they have come into the glory and they know no darkness.
Prepare yourself my friend. The angels are weeping, and they are waiting. The innocent have fallen under sword and stone by your hand, and by your deed. They have found solitude and solace from persecution and hate.
Prepare yourself my friend. The sun is setting. The twilight of the stars approaches. The angels await. What forgiveness have your for your enemy? What love? Are you your own worst enemy?

This is the message I have been sent to tell you my friend. I am not your Christ. I am not your God. The sun has almost set. The stars brighten in the approaching night sky. The darkness looms, and you have a choice.
2 comments:
YAY!
wow Nathan. I'm glad you started a blog. It looks like you have a thing or two to get out.
Is this a part of the book you are writing?
I love the blog, it is you, everything, it is you.
A book? Nah. I just get ideas in my head, if I don't write them down, they're gone forever.
I like the style that comes out and I like the rhythm and flow of them. They might seem really dark, and I understand that, but I hope they at least end with a bright side.
I do hope you enjoy them though!
Post a Comment