We talk about enemies more than we used to.
We talk about hate more than we used to.
We talk about war more than we used to.
We don't talk like we used to.
I heard the rain last night, and it made no sound
I heard the cries of the dead, and it echoed
I spoke to God, but he’s too busy to listen
I spoke to the living, but I don’t think they heard
I saw a miracle this morning. It was ordinary.
I heard a songbird this morning. It went silent.
We don’t talk like we used to. We don’t listen.
We don’t listen like we used to. We don’t talk.
I hear the sound of rain, and it echoes.
I speak to God, and he whispers to me.
I speak to the living and the dead.
I see miracles, and it they are extraordinary.
Hope is everywhere to be found.
Love is boundless and plentiful.
This life, it is short and wondrous.
This life is keen and curious.
I won’t talk about enemies anymore.
I won’t feel shame or bitterness anymore.
I won’t war, cry, or despair anymore.
Now is a miracle and a gift.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment